At Speexx, we love languages and we believe in the power of learning and communicating online. Our solutions help millions of people in large businesses and organizations around the world understand each other better every day. With our new Speexx portal, we are revolutionizing the way people learn languages. And this is just the beginning; with Speexx you can really make a difference! Speexx is a growing and ambitious international company, with offices on all 5 continents and more than 120 people. That’s why we need you to join us as a Software Engineer – Mobile iOS or Android.
You will work with a dynamic, international team of talented young software engineers to develop cutting edge iOS or Android mobile projects that will be used by millions of learners worldwide.
Working closely together with the development team in our headquarters in Munich, Germany, you will develop mobile applications in a fast-paced team of talented developers and designers and drive innovation by coming up with new ideas for our products and processes.
You already have some solid experience in developing mobile applications in either iOS or Android or both, and can show us some excellent examples of your work. In addition, you should have an interest in product or user interface design and expert knowledge in the following:
- Backend: Java SE [Spark, Maven]. REST API
- Databases: SQL (Firebird, MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- Servers: Tomcat, nginx, Linux. Load balancing would be a plus (HAProxy). Cache/Storage (Memcached, Redis)
- Developing tools: Version control (Git), IDE (Eclipse, IntelliJ)
- Strong communication skills in English are necessary; any knowledge of German would be an advantage.